After the recent announcement of the takeover of Twitter by Elon Mask, we could see a great wave of reactions which celebrate him, and others who seriously criticize him, even threatening to leave the social network. And it is that although these platforms have already become normalized in our society, not everyone is in favor of this type of public showcase for their lives.
This is why we wanted on this occasion to collect and present this brief How to delete your Twitter account and the rest of the main social networks such as Facebook or Instagram, in a process that may vary between temporary deactivation or their complete disappearance.
How to delete your Twitter account
Starting with the social network on everyone’s lips, the method to delete your Twitter account is quite simple and quick. So, in this case, we’ll perform all the action through a web browser:
- The first thing we will do is obviously access Twitter and log in with the account in question.
- From the main menu, in the left column of options, click on the “More Options” marked with a three-point circle icon. After pressing it, a small drop-down menu will open with several options, among which we will select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Once on this page we will only have to click on the option “DISACTIVATE your account” already visible, and click the “Disable” button again to proceed with the complete removal.
Before the last step, the social network itself offers us the ability to download our Twitter datafor which we will have to complete both an application and the download process before proceeding with the deactivation of the account.
After that, to make sure that the company can delete your Twitter account, you just need to avoid logging in with your account for a period of 30 days. And it is that if we log in from any device once this process has started, we will stop it, canceling the elimination.
How to delete your Facebook account
Unlike other platforms, in the case of Facebook, before deleting your account, we will have the possibility to create and download a copy of all our information collected on the social network, such as our photos and publications, as well as a copy of our Oculus information if linked. And it is that after deleting our account there will be no way to recover anything.
Thus, to proceed with the deletion of the account, we will only have to follow a few short steps:
- Log in with our main profile and click the arrow button at the top right.
- In this drop-down list we will select the option of “Settings and privacy”and immediately afterwards, “Setting”.
- Once on the configuration page of our account, we will access the section of “Your Facebook Information”in which we will be shown an option to open the process of deactivating or eliminating our account, which we can access by selecting the link in “View”.
- At this point we will only have to choose if we finally want to completely delete our Facebook account or if we simply want to deactivate it, which will not delete our data, but will keep the account hidden from other users. Once the decision has been made, the social network will ask us to re-enter our password and confirm our choice.
In addition, we will have 30 days from the start of the deletion process to cancel it. On the other hand, it is worth highlighting the fact that Facebook could take up to a maximum period of 90 days from the start of the process until the actual deletion of all the content that we have published. Although in pursuit of our privacy, for the duration of this process, no other Facebook users will be able to access these contents.
How to delete your Instagram account
Interestingly, despite the fact that mobile is the main platform this application is used on, we can only deactivate our account when we enter from outside the application, via web browser on any device.
- Login to our account.
- We will open our personal page by clicking on the person symbol at the top right.
- We will click “Edit profile”.
- Scrolling to the bottom of this page we can find an option called “Temporarily deactivate my account”.
- Then we will have to give a reason of “Why do you want to deactivate your account?”, And confirm our password.
- Finally, we can choose between the options of “Temporarily deactivate the account” or “Permanently delete my account”, according to our preference.